Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it might be that the cable going to the rear carb is frozen but I can't get the cable to slide inside the splitter, I opened the splitter and see the white oval piece all the way at the bottom of the black casing, all the pulling doesn't budge it. the bike sat for a bit so how can I fix this?

·
Registered
367 Posts
it might be that the cable going to the rear carb is frozen but I can't get the cable to slide inside the splitter, I opened the splitter and see the white oval piece all the way at the bottom of the black casing, all the pulling doesn't budge it. the bike sat for a bit so how can I fix this?
Its possible that the rear plunger is seized inside the carb. That one is pretty easy to get to without removing the carbs. If you take it off, you will be able to see if the cable is truly seized. You should replace the o-ring if you take it off.

If the cable is seized, you will probably need to buy a replacement cable. They show up on Ebay for cheap. Otherwise, look to Oneida for a new one.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I removed the oval plate keeping the cable in the carb (single screw) but the cable doesn't come out, is there another release for the cable? sorry for my noobistic status

update, after alot of pulling it came out, it was gummed the F up, all dry and seized

1 - 4 of 4 Posts