Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of weeeks ago, I decided to focus more on enjoying the ride over the adrenaline rush from acceleration. So far, it's been alright, but I still fall back into the old 'gunning it' habit on occasion. Usually, it's when I have the wind at my back (25-30 mph sustained wind is common here).

Around town, I ride a bit slower and make it a sort of game by slowing far enough in advance of a light that I won't have to put my feet down.

How about you? Are you more focused on enjoying the trip or the rush from the Gs?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Gs for me but taking it slow on 2up rides is fun too, lets ya enjoy the scenery. as far as around town i take it easy.

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
I discovered today that if I obey the speed limit on my commute, I don't have to brake for any of the corners ;D TBH the secret to having a long and happy relationship with an SV is to find thrills places other than acceleration...

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
With a loud exhaust I have to watch how often I goose it...local LEOs might get agitated! Around town I find myself concentrating more on avoiding traffic, although getting on the highway is a different matter ;D

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
I do the "let's see if I can go slow enough and not put my feet down game" alot. I can hold it at 2 mph easily, but holding it at 1 mph gets tipsy. Learning slow stuff is funner than fast stuff. (and leads to less tickets).

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
i do find the experience of accelerating to be irreplaceable. but after going for a short jont this weekend in nice weather, and some gravel on the roads, i enjoy cruising at 50mph with some nice curves. sometimes it is difficult for me to enjoy just riding, especially in traffic and the city as i am paranoid about cagers.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I got to ride in a small group,3 including me, the other day. Only my second time ever riding with other people. It was nice to have a pace set by the front man and trying to follow it. Usually to get my rush I have to push the limits and scare myself a bit. I found that after I got used to riding at a pace it was much more enjoyable. Sure there were some corners I just wanted to lay into, but i refrained and I made it home, over 300 miles in all, in one piece exhausted and smiling bigger than I have in a while.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Cruise down the straights and throttle through the corners!!

I really enjoy riding down my favorite roads trying different lines until I find the one that makes the ride the most enjoyable.
i think that would be a fun way to ride. i know i've done it before, just never realized it lol.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
I took a ride this weekend on our usual mountain route, but my riding buddy and I were both tired, hungover, and lazy...so we didn't push or do any knee-blasting.

That, combined with my new gel seat meant that we just kind of cruised around and took in the nice day.

Really a nice way to spend a sunny spring day.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts