Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am attending some track days this year and occasionally ( say 1 out of every 8 laps ) when I hit the backstretch and let er rip, the bike wont rev beyond 7000 rpm`s. by the next corner she is all normal again and rippin. it has never happened more than 1 time per session, but happens every session. not on the same lap either, it always varies. what da hell is this??? coil? carb?me? is there a rev limiter on these bikes? ???

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
like it hits 7k and starts cutting out right?

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
thats what mine has been doing... it actually started at my last trackday, but its been doing it every once in a while on the street. I have no idea what is causing it.

·
Registered
9,123 Posts
Is it both cylinders cutting out or possibly just one? Many possibilities. Electrical; coil, ignitor, plugs, plug cap or an erratic rev limitor, which may be part of the pulse generator circuit, the limitor is set near 11K. Fuel; carbs-sticking piston/needle, piston diaphragm tear, sticking float/needle. Sometimes a general tuneup will fix the problem. Airfilter clean? I would check electrical/ignition components first since it's an intermittant problem.

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
just outta curiosity, how much fuel in the tank? if yer down to a half gallon, you'll starve coming out of corners

another possibility is a piece of debris in the tank occasionally blocking the pickup

is there any pattern to the random reoccurence?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts