Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey.
I bought my 2004 sv650n four months ago, and now, at 48.000 km, the gearbox went to hell :( I decided to replase the engine with a newer one with lower milage. Today i found a 2007 engine with just 5000 km, quite near by, but the real question; Does it fit my bike 2004 bike?.. ..help!

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
It will fit the same, although I'm not sure what you'll do with those 2 extra spark plugs.
Guess you don't hook them up?

·
Registered
968 Posts
i have an '07 with an '04 engine. i had to buy some ignition coils and wires that only had one wire per coil so i didn't have a loose wire snapping and popping everywhere. other than that, everything else is pretty straightforward/compatible.

if you can find some complete ignition coils and wires that are for that year engine (with 2 spark plug wires) you should be able to wire them in.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you guys for posting. So what you say is that the 2007 engine has two plugs per sylinder and all that i need is two new coils? :)

·
Banned
855 Posts
Hello, is there a build thread on that somewhere ??
//M
There is but I can tell you the details off the top of my head if you like.

This is for Gen2 into Gen1 frame:

Basically you plug the PAIR valve by making block off plates and grinding the retention tab off the plastic part that goes into the motor(reed part), swap the rear exhaust stub as the 2nd gen one interferes with the swingarm, tweak the oil cooler mount so it clears the front exhaust pipe, and then swap the stator/rotor assembly for spark, leaving side plugs in as just plugs. Thats it as they are the same motor with only minor tweaks.

Off the top of my head I don't remember who else has done this.

·
Registered
478 Posts
It will fit the same, although I'm not sure what you'll do with those 2 extra spark plugs.
Guess you don't hook them up?
Yea, just don't hook them up. It'll probably make more power that way anyway. That is my experience at least.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts