Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is the proper forum, but it looked right.

Anyway, I was riding regularly, going about 40 or so, and then I noticed my tach dropped to 0 and I had no throttle response. Once I key on / key off it came back to normal, but is this a sign of something serious?

2006 SV650

·
Registered
336 Posts
When it shut off did all the electronics cut out?
If the electronics shut off with the engine, it's probably a loose battery terminal or connection
If the electronics stayed on but the engine cut out, it's something else

Any other observations as to how it shut off? Was it sudden / clean shutdown? Did it shudder and stall out? How often does it happen? etc. etc. Pretty hard to diagnose with only the info you provided

·
Registered
5,374 Posts
You could have a bad cell in your battery. I was headed down the front straight at VIR one day around 125 and the bike just cut off. Ended up spending all day checking fuses and sensors and everything. The battery showed 12.8 volts but as soon as I hit the starter it would drop to .01.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I would check the kickstand sensor, speedo connector and cpu conectors if the pattery is connected. Even with a small charge you should be able to keep the bike running. Nothing except the CPU is expensive to repair. Also check your conections on the main fuse. (has a 30 amp fuse and is conected to the battery away from the regular fuse box)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts