Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys where would you get your engine refreshed? Any suzuki dealership or a raceshop? Asking bc i want to get mine done, and get ready to race it.

What price range am i looking at for refreshing? A good worthy one!

·
Registered
69 Posts
what do you mean by "refreshing"? You want to have the cylinders honed/pistons re-ringed? or just replace some seals?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup refreshed! Well im not sure what it is, haha. I know they do that. Clean it out and stuff. but nt exactly sure

·
Registered
89 Posts
Having something like that done wouldn't be a bad idea for track use. I know for a fact that I've lost HP over the past 6 years of my bike's life according to the Dyno.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes i bet, i just got the bike, for track use only so would like to make sure the engines condition is at it's best.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just called an other shop. Great guy. Gave me good and simple advice. Run it on the dyno first! Check HP and then look into it.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Yes i bet, i just got the bike, for track use only so would like to make sure the engines condition is at it's best.
Just throw some blue bottle Rotella T in the crank case and run it. Should be all you need.

;D

·
Registered
750 Posts
Let us know exactly what they do for a "refresh" I am very interested to hear what that entails.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
He told me the gasket, rings and stuff like that, the labor it self is 600, + parts. I rather buy a new engine!

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Let us know exactly what they do for a "refresh" I am very interested to hear what that entails.
I'm pretty sure they just do a tune up, compression check, valve check and carb sync or they'll ask him what an "engine refresh" entails.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Sweet LORD. That is pricey. A new engine would definitely be the way to go.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts