Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I was riding to my aunts house for Turkey Dinner and it seemed like my bike was much noiser today. One thing I noticed is the tapping/fluttering sound coming from the engine went away when I pulled the clutch in. I could rev it up to any rpm with clutch in at any highway speed and the sound was gone. Soon as I let the clutch out the sound is back. If I let off the gas the sound goes away but soon as I ease back on the gas it comes back (with the clutch out). I know the SV's are noisey bikes and have heard the cam tensioner fix but if it was cam tensioners it should do it with clutch in or out. Everyone else with the noisey bikes...ok a few that have the chance test my theory and see if yours is quiet with clutch in going say 30-55 before wind noise really takes over.

Has to be a fix for this noise, oil is fine as I changed it at 500 miles and I have 950miles on it now. May change it again since it looks a lot darker than new, probably still getting some break-in particles in the oil but leave the oil filter on this oil change.

Thanks all for the info.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Geez, no one went riding this weekend? lol....let me know if yours is quiet with the clutch in...thanks!

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
of course i didn't go riding this weekend unlike your lucky @$$ in my state its like 20 degrees.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I expected as much from the answers I got :p

No the noise is while riding down the road at pretty much any speed before the wind noise takes over the fluttering noise. Almost sounds like a chain noise but it is coming from the front cylinder or the front of the motor from what I can tell.

yes it was a nice 70 deg again today and I went for another ride :D

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have that too, it kind of sounds like my metal housekey is bouncing up and down on the metal but when I make sure its not the noise is still there.. my bike runs fine so I assume its no big deal

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.