Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm riding SV 1000 SZ ('05).

Problem I have is that on 2nd and 3rd gear when reving up, I have spark or fuel supply break for 1 maybe 2 cycles of an engine. It results in nasty power shortages and (I believe) strong gearbox use - sinse it's smashing back with power on stopping bike - if You know what I mean.

I don't think it's mechanical because it happens only on 2nd and 3rd gear, so I guess it's a matter of sensors or computer. What's strange, it happens only when reving up, on idle throttle it's perfectly fine. On 2nd gear it happens about every 0,5k RPM, but it's not that much predictible. On 3rd gear is less often.

Anyone have a clue what should I be looking for ? Any starters ?

PS. And for God sake, can someone tell me how to unscrew the back cilinders short exhaust pipe, without taking out engine or stripping rear suspension ?

Regards,
Jakub

·
Registered
6,840 Posts
If it happens only in 2nd and 3rd gear, I'd suspect the gear position sensor. Might have something open/shorted in it as just about anything else should happen in all the gears it would seem to me.

Sorry, can't help you with the rear exhaust access. It isn't THAT much trouble to pull the shock if you need it out of the way...which would probably make it easier to get at those little bolts.:)

·
Registered
238 Posts
i would check your ecu and do you have a tre unit on your bike. a faulty tre unit could easily do that for 2 and 3 gear since its supposed to fool the bike into thinking your in 6th gear the entire time. but basically if the builder made an error it could mess up what your ecu is trying to be fooled into. to me this sounds like a sensor, more specifically the TPS but i dont think you are not getting fuel. i would say to be careful and easy on the throttle when in 2nd and 3rd gears so you dont accidentally come back alive with full throttle in gear and accidentally pull a wheelie. wheelies are fun when you meant to pull one
not so fun when you just trying to accelerate

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for response guys ;)

I'm pulling out engine tomorrow, will check more closely.

It happened before installing TRE and after TRE, no difference.

This issue is quite uniqe, never stumbled upon it before.

Shoot with ideas, will check them on the run as engine will get disassembled. If I'll get anysolution, I'll reply here ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know ;) I'm doing other things among with this problem, so I'll be checking sensors on the fly too ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts