Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i bought frame sliders for my 2007 sv650s and the installation guide says to be sure and torque the engine mount bolts to the factory specs....and then they don't tell you what the factory specs are. i bought the bike used and i don't have any of the manuals. i 'spose i could call the local suzuki dealer, but i thought i'd check here first.

anyone know where i can find this information?

·
Registered
57 Posts
depends on what bolts.

I guess you did not buy the sliders from SV Racing Parts. Blair has all the torque specs in his instructions.

You can download the manual from the net. Just google it.

let me know if you figure out what bolts exactly and i can look in the manual for you.

-bart

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
D*mn you again dubtec, beat me to this. I'm guessing you keep this spec sheet on hand just like I do...for some weird reason...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the replies...i'm not sure what bolt it is exactly, just that its referred to as the engine mount bolt. based on the above schematic, it looks like bolt 9 and 11.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
If it didn't come with a longer through engine bolt then you're mostly likely right on bolt 9 and 11. Which brand sliders did you get?

·
Registered
856 Posts
, i made my own sliders and stainless steel threaded rod with extra deep 8mm allen key nuts holding things tight and reinforcing the plastic slider, i gotta check to see if i'm up to spec, i just tightened them up "really tight" ,nothing leaks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts