Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm often stock in traffic and when the engine is hot, it misses at idle... Engine runs steady and rpm then drop a few hundreds and then get back to normal for a few seconds. Otherwise, engine runs greats. Any idea?

EDIT: Changed 'mists' for 'misses'

·
Registered
91 Posts
Re: Engine mists when hot

Maybe change the spark plugs and see if it helps?

·
The Well-Leathered Mod
4,614 Posts
Re: Engine mists when hot

Do you mean it "Mists" from the exhaust, or from the engine area?

If it's the engine area, I'd say you may have had one of the crankcase vent hoses pop off your airbox.

If from the exhaust, possibly it's not firing on one cylinder & the mist is unburned fuel.

·
Registered
127 Posts
this is just a guess, but could it be the gas? maby try a higher octane fuel and see if that helps? other than that i dont really know.

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
Shouldn't need higher octane... And if it doesn't do it when cold, it shouldn't be a blocked pilot jet or similiar. I doubt it's the battery... I know fuelling issues can change a lot depending on engine temperature, but I'm having a brain fade as to which it is that becomes worse when hot, anyone help me?

·
Registered
453 Posts
Check your plugs, see how the wash is on them after you have the bike idling and experience the problems, cut out the bike and then pull the plugs. You could have a weak plug or something that is making it week after it has been sitting idleing, perhaps you have a float bowl slightly out of spec?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Has the jetting been modified in any way?

If a bike is running poorly when it is hot is is usually a symptom of running rich. If it's doing it at idle I'd suggest that the air screw needs to be checked first.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts