Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bike rides and performs great. Is the slight "knocking" sound normal when accelerating moderately through the low gears? The sound is definitely not a pinging sound. Probably just the engine doing its work.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The slight "knocking" is at 3000 or not much more. I'll monitor it and if it's still there at the first service, I'll report it and ask about it.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Bike rides and performs great. Is the slight "knocking" sound normal when accelerating moderately through the low gears? The sound is definitely not a pinging sound. Probably just the engine doing its work.
Hello there, Welcome to the site. I must must admit I haven't noticed any knocking sound.

I did remove the the snorkel from the air box very briefly and the engine was a little bit noisier than normal. I did this to my SV Thou and the bike was OK. But not with my Gladie.

Madjohn.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
At what RPMs are you hearing it?

You know the SV650 doesn't like too much throttle under 3500-4000 rpm. It protests by knocking/bucking.

OOPS!! Didn't notice I was in the Gladius forum.... Sorry!

SFV650 looks a lot like SV650 if I'm not paying attention....

I have been reading the Gladius threads, I like the bike. If I ever got one I'd like the black one, paint the frame & wheels silver, remove plastic frame covers & radiator shrouds, & powder coat or paint the rearsets satin black.

Newest CYCLE WORLD has a test. Says weight increase is 14 lbs, torque up by 6 ft/lbs, seat height 1.7" lower, 11.99 sec 1/4 mi. - quicker than all but one of the SV650's they ever tested. They like it. I do to.

Enjoying keeping up with all your mods.

Terry

1 - 5 of 5 Posts