Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i reinstalled my radiator and filled it with anti-freeze, but the manual says to check the resevior indictator. i can't find this damn thing for the life of me to see if i have enough coolant in there.

if i squeeze the tube on the right side, it bubbles up the neck and can overflow if i'm not paying attention. i did this a few times to get any air bubbles out. then refilled it so it was up to the neck again.

i just want to make sure i have enough coolant in there.

btw, what happens if there are air bubbles floating around? my radiator gonna get a case of the bends like with scuba diving?

G

·
you can't see level if you overfilled,like you did.
bottle has clear side(facing backwards)with lines where to fill up to.

forget what I said,I realized you talking about radiator.you fill it up to cap.than fill bottle to mark.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Am I safe to assume that you can't find the reservoir???
Left side, you can see it through the frame.

The system will normally bleed itself off in time and won't hurt anything at all. When you get it hot and the pressure builds up a little (read: thermostat opens) it will suck in from the reservoir bottle. It will also send the air back to the bottle at the same time.

Make sure to double and triple check the coolant level after it warms up and engine off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.