Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm surprised....from what I've read, I thought the engine breaking on this bike would be much more severe. I find it really easy to get used to, my EX500 was way more finicky upshifting.
LOVE this bike!!!!! Please stop raining!!!!!

·
Registered
153 Posts
I... Please stop raining!!!!!
Consider getting better rain gear and just go out and ride. ;D

It usually isn't that the day is a bad day to ride, but merely that the gear chosen was a bad choice for the weather you're out in.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
It usually isn't that the day is a bad day to ride, but merely that the gear chosen was a bad choice for the weather you're out in.
And then there´s weather that just plain sucks. :)

BTW: In a bicycle newsgroup one guy responded to the canonical "there´s no bad weather, just incorrect gear" with "name the gear for 3 degrees celsius, drizzle/sleet and uphill". Being a year-round bicyclist, I could relate to that. *g*

Ciao
Jan

·
Banned Member
4,562 Posts
BTW: In a bicycle newsgroup one guy responded to the canonical "there´s no bad weather, just incorrect gear" with "name the gear for 3 degrees celsius, drizzle/sleet and uphill". Being a year-round bicyclist, I could relate to that. *g*

Ciao
Jan
Proper gear for that is an indoor trainer :p

Yup, get some waterproof gear for the motorcycle and just go.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
I'm surprised....from what I've read, I thought the engine breaking on this bike would be much more severe. I find it really easy to get used to, my EX500 was way more finicky upshifting.
LOVE this bike!!!!! Please stop raining!!!!!

Well get up to about 50-60 and drop that bitoch down into 2nd and see how severe that feels.

:)

·
Registered
856 Posts
oh darn(pg'd)i was gonna use the trainer line. I made my own version of those rollers with suspended active frames and retention rollers , look up E motion rollers on the u tube.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts