Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I tried searching but I couldn't find the answer. Where is the VSS sticker located? It's not the same as the emissions correct? If anyone could let me know I'd greatly appreciate it

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
Hey guys I tried searching but I couldn't find the answer. Where is the VSS sticker located? It's not the same as the emissions correct? If anyone could let me know I'd greatly appreciate it
Vertical
Scope
Sucks

That's a sticker? Where can I get one? Or three?

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
Vehicle security system, it has the vin on it. I'm looking at a potential bike and I don't know where it is
Is it a possiblity that it doesn't have a VSS?
I can't say I've ever heard of anyone asking about one or mentioning it on here.

What year is the bike you're trying to find this sticker on?

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
VIN is stamped on the neck but sounds like they're looking for another sticker, the VSS that also has the VIN (which I've never heard of).

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes I saw the vin on the neck, it's the there just faded it's hard to make out the numbers. I know that the VSS sticker has it to. I want to run the vin to make sure the bike is clean before buying, otherwise I'm reporting it

·
Registered
17,602 Posts
The stamped-on VIN on the neck cannot fade; but it can be painted over. My first gen has the sticker in plain sight on the right side of the frame beneath the rear section of the tank; the VIN is stamped onto it, also.

Check the seller's title; the VIN will be there, too.

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
Wait, so you're not actually trying to find this elusive VSS sticker?
Just use a pencil and a piece of paper over the vin to make out the #'s.
That should get you the VIN, or like JBS said, the VIN is on the title which the owner should have and that should end the search.

·
Registered
353 Posts
That should get you the VIN, or like JBS said, the VIN is on the title which the owner should have and that should end the search.
You would be well-served to verify that the VIN on the title matches the actual VIN on the bike. And then to verify that the VIN on the transferred title you get from the DMV/BMV is still correct.

I know a couple of people who have had to deal with mismatches before. My dad, for instance, has had VIN typos cause him troubles twice. Once in trying to transfer a title (two numbers had gotten transposed), the other delayed him getting his personalize plates, as the DMV had messed up the VIN on some of their internal office paperwork.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts