Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to eliminate the rear seat handle on my '05 SV1000 If i just take it off, the rear seat will not clip in. Does anyone know where I can get a bracket to eliminate this problem?

·
Registered
899 Posts
If you buy the solo cowl form Suzuki it comes with a bracket to replace the handel (grip bar). Short of that I would check with the dealer and see if you can buy just the bracket that comes with the solo seat cowl.

·
Registered
171 Posts
IMO, I think it looks kinda cool, but if you want to get rid of it, whatever.
But I gotta let ya know that in the event of a drop, it saves a ton of bodywork.(I know from experience) ;)

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
If you can confirm that the 05 1K and 04 650 share those parts, I have the clip and filler panels (in yellow, you'll need to repaint them) Once you know they'll fit, make me an offer. Shipping from 15647.

I'm keeping my bar on. I use it constantly to tie stuff off with and for moving the bike around in my gravel driveway.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
03-SV650RR said:
But I gotta let ya know that in the event of a drop, it saves a ton of bodywork.(I know from experience)  ;)
the passenger handle is no where big enough to act as slider to protect the body work. if the bike goes down, the tail plastic is hitting just as much as the handle is

·
Registered
171 Posts
stranger said:
the passenger handle is no where big enough to act as slider to protect the body work. if the bike goes down, the tail plastic is hitting just as much as the handle is
I agree with you, but if it goes down without the handle, the plastics would be demolished.
Mine got a few cracks, but is repairable. The handle got worn off about 1/2 inch.
I'm pretty sure the plastic would be junk without my handle on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts