Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

eliminated huge tailpiece/mudflap today

12K views 95 replies 27 participants last post by  cappler 
#1 ·
with this kit the seat lock gets re located to behind license plate

it was pretty easy to install and seems sturdy and well planned and manufactured

See less See more
Discussion starter · #31 ·
Looks great. I have only changed the mirrors so far, side covers will be next then the exhaust later on. When the warranty ends i may change the tail section. I dont mind the handles staying.[/Q

i am thinking about changing the mirrors too, when i order a new set are they universal or do i have to order a certain kind

Discussion starter · #36 ·
yep, i am going to geta gouple small, black mirrors, or amybe just one on the left side, i am going to think about it for a couple of weeks

Discussion starter · #60 ·
How long did it take to install? Is this an hour job? Also, on the reposition of the key lock, does it use the existing key lock or provide a new one? From the pictures of the original tail kit, it looks awkward that it could be taken off and repositioned under the seat. Am I missing something here? Thanks.
it took about an hour and a half just, not too hard, the annoying neighbor woman was talking to me the whole time, i probably would have had it in sooner if it wasnt for her.

Discussion starter · #70 ·
I don't know why but I'm having trouble "simply" sliding the upper tail section off. It's pissing me off! :(
i had trouble with that too, i thinnk there were a couple tabs, but maybe not, i just got ****** and pulled hard and it decided to come off, i luckily didnt damage anything

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.