Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have searched and found a few threads that look like they would help, but are not spot on so I am asking

This happens about half the time I am riding on my 05 SVS

When I am riding my Speedo goes crazy and sometimes the bike will turn off. Sometimes it just "pulses" like it wants to turn off but it cannot for some reason. When I say turn off I mean all electronics dead, nothing will work like it has no battery.

If I "bounce" the front about 3/4 of the time the electrical system will turn back on, and I can get it restarted.

I have rewired the front turn signals and have fake hotbodies FE on the rear so the rear TS have been rewired also. I have not done any other rewiring on the bike except for Plate lights I wired dir. to the battery.

I have had the charging system tested at a shop and they said it was good, and no issues. They also tested the battery and said it was good. The bike did not quite on them any time it was with them.

BUT this is still happening.

· Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So just as a general concesses noone thinks it could be a bad battery? I did not, but it is nice to know that I am not the only one.

I am going to go over each connector that I know about, starting wiht the battery again.

As I am not very mechanicly / electronicly /spelling inclined I may bring it to the shop again, and sit down and watch / help with checking each connecter.

he told me I should come back if it acts up, but he could not find anything.

@TeeRiver thank you, I am going to look into that.

· Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok Thank you I will check that also.

guess it is time to start learning electrical systems a lot better.

· Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So I started looking for the problem with the battery and I found the problem when I went to remove the battery. And if the shop even bothered to look at the battery they should of seen somthing was wrong. The neg. Terminal was broken, and was only connecting by the screw. ( bad shop no more work from me)

So the screw would move and cut out all power.

I bought a new gel type battery and everything works, test rode it with a trail behind van for 5 hours and about 200 miles.

Anyone know what could cause the batter to brake like that?

Glad it was nothing more but now it has me wanting to start checking everything

Sent from my SPH-M910 using Motorcycle.com App

· Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good job JSR. :thumbsup:

It is experiences like this that make it worth while (and even fun) to fix your own bike.
I agree it is fun to fix your bike and I have learned a lot doing it. I am glad that everything so far has been easyish and I am very grateful for the support of SVR.

Sent from my SPH-M910 using Motorcycle.com App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.