Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I've noticed that occasionally my headlights will flicker. But it does it so quickly that I had convinced myself that it was just a trick of my mind. Then this morning I was going about 50mph in a 45, I saw a cop, did a quick speed check to make sure I wasn't about to be pulled over, and to my suprise, I was going and indicated 80mph! But only for about one second. My speedo blipped from my actual speed (~50) to ~80 and back down to 50 in about a second. Quickly enough that I again thought, "I've been eating too many coco puffs or something." But then again maybe I havent been... So is there anything that might make my lights flicker and speedo blip?

·
Registered
653 Posts
An electrical system that is not regulating its voltage properly would do that. Check the output of the generator and the output of the R/R and see if they're within spec.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Last night, I came off the throttle... my headlight completely turned off for about a second, and then came back on AND my fuel light came on for about 4 seconds (with only about 20 miles on tank). I think this is only happening when I go off throttle. I dunno what the problem is, the engine never dies or even sputters.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Sqwibbs said:
Last night, I came off the throttle... my headlight completely turned off for about a second, and then came back on AND my fuel light came on for about 4 seconds (with only about 20 miles on tank). I think this is only happening when I go off throttle. I dunno what the problem is, the engine never dies or even sputters.
Bad harness connection? Somethings getting unplugged or.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts