Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I suck with electrical stuff. I get the concept. but when I look at the physical wiring and what not, it confuses the hell out of me. Not to mention the wires are going everywhere and more!

So here's the deal. My front cylinder is not sparking, how do I know? Well when I got a new battery today, I threw it in and started it up, sounded good. softer tho, less noisy, I rode off my drive way and like 30 yards and turned around. Really low power. Okay what's up? So I remember reading before buying an SV650 that the front cylinder spark plug hole likes to get water in it, and cause issues. Well hell, mine as well check! My bike got rained on anyway. and looky there! WATER! IN THE SPARK PLUG HOLE! so I took a shop rag, kinda balled it up and stuffed it in the hole to soak up some of the water.

Ran it again, YAY! IT WORKS! rode it down the driveway.. AND it doesn't work again, turned around. and BAM WORKS AGAIN. instant kick in the A** then it stoped working. So basically its on and off, and I would like the find the source of the problem. I cleaned the drain hole off it. right now the connector is off, and I'm trying to let the hole evaporate. what ever is left in there.

Yes there was water in there still. but It has to be something else too. because its on a off. if its just damp. or a little drop of water. It wouldn't cause the spark to randomly come on a off.. I personally think something Might be loose.. connectors. I downloaded the manual PDF. and is looking at it. but can someone give me some guidance of what might be "half plugged in" or something? Again, it works. SOMETIMES on and off.. its no where near rideable any more.

PS: I already have the airbox off and the bikes insides open up. Been looking for lose connections.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Is the connection from the front coil to the tach, actually okay/tight on there and not loose on that connector?

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
make sure the spark plug boot is secure on the plug wire. also, a bit of dielectric grease in the boot helps to keep out moisture.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have to go fetch some dielectric grease today, but it seems to be working, both. but the power isn't there that was there before, and the bike seems to be running rather hot...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts