Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had this problem with two horns.
The first Denali Mini Soundbomb horn only clicked when installed on my 2002 SV650S.
This is the second one I've gotten from RevZilla and it doesn't work.

The battery is brand new - installed last month.

The first time, the tech at RevZilla thought it could be a defective horn and sent me a new one, free of charge.*
I installed the second horn and again, got only a clicking sound.

RevZilla rep thinks it could be in the wiring, possibly the circuit can't handle 5 AMPs and suggested I do a direct wire check off the battery.

I will do that after I finish this posting.

Has anyone else had that problem?

I want/ need a loud horn because I have to ride in Chicago traffic.

*BTW: I have only excellent things to say about RevZilla's service, their people, their info videos, and products/prices.
CycleGear is also part of their company.
I highly recommend RevZilla.

Thanks
David
Chicago, IL

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Try test the horn by directly connecting it to the battery with two short wires.
I did and it worked, thanks.
I'm waiting to hear back from RevZilla if they have a solution, including adding a relay to the system.

·
Super Moderator
8,536 Posts
A relay will likely fix the problem, especially if you hear "click" when pressing the horn button.

But, as GC said, it could also be poor horn button contacts or other weak connections. It all adds to the voltage drop.

If you have a voltmeter and would like to test first, GC or I could show how/where to measure.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A relay will likely fix the problem, especially if you hear "click" when pressing the horn button.

But, as GC said, it could also be poor horn button contacts or other weak connections. It all adds to the voltage drop.

If you have a voltmeter and would like to test first, GC or I could show how/where to measure.
Thanks, a mechanic friend gave me a long lecture about that yesterday. I'll give it a try with the volt meter. I appreciate your reply.
David

1 - 9 of 9 Posts