Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friends 98 fzr600 stranded/stuffed into my garage and in need of some electrical work. Story starts out: He bought the bike toward end of summer and we noticed his lights were cutting out periodically while riding. We pulled the fairings off to track the wiring and when we went to turn the bike on to test it, nothing happens. No fuel pump, no lights, horn, signal, etc. The battery is good to go. Where do we start?
I gotta get his bike out of my garage so I can start tearing mine down to give a thorough cleaning before spring.

Thanks!

·
Registered
312 Posts
How are your fuses? Other than that, sounds like a broken wire/connector somewhere. Anything happen when you have the ignition on and wiggle the wiring harness around? I'm a rank amateur when it comes to this stuff so hopefully, someone will chime in with a better suggestion. :icon_biggrin:

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fuses all checked out ok - unless there is one hiding somewhere. I really havent spent too much time in the garage since it got parked in there - been too freakin cold here to be in the garage for any amount of time...

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Fuses all checked out ok - unless there is one hiding somewhere. I really havent spent too much time in the garage since it got parked in there - been too freakin cold here to be in the garage for any amount of time...
On SV, there is a hidden one. All the little fuses are in one block and then there is a "main" fuse in a separate block with the starter relay.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
any tips on where to find a wiring diagram for a fzr?

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
STUPID START BUTTON WAS STUCK PARTWAY IN! Glad to have the extra garage space to spread out my own stuff.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
VR = Voltage Regulator? Assuming so, what to watch for?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts