Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
11,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any thoughts on how to get a set of 2nd gen gauges to fire up without the ignition, wiring etc...?

· Registered
11,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Some crimp on connectors and a battery? Play around with the gauges connector with it.

"Hit em again Endo!"
"Tudi!"

I don't want to fry them (obviously), so I was hoping for something a little more specific.

· Registered
1,721 Posts
Is the gauge cluster off the bike? I'm not sure what you're looking to do. Just turn the lights on? Check each individual function?

· Registered
11,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is the gauge cluster off the bike? I'm not sure what you're looking to do. Just turn the lights on? Check each individual function?
Off the bike - just want to check the mileage.

· Registered
5,388 Posts
Nate,
Do you have the connector from the harness? If so, it is then a matter of hooking up the black/white wire and the O/G wire. I can't tell you what pins that would be though. I bet if you take it apart, the circuit board will be very obviously labeled +12, and ground somewhere though.

· Registered
1,721 Posts
Off the bike - just want to check the mileage.
There are 2 ground wires on the gauge cluster. Both are black with a white stripe. All the others power something. I'm not sure of the voltage ratings on every instrument on the panel, but odds are it would be 12V. What I would try to do is to use a 9 volt battery. Just hook up the black/white to the large side, and run the other wires to the small. If that doesn't provide enough juice you could always try a wall wart.

EDIT:Or you could listen to TCL.

· Registered
5,388 Posts
Ground is B/W however the power is the red wire. O/G is for the coolant temp.

Probably going to need 12V.
R/W and O/G both go right to the fuse block. Could be R/W but I don't see how O/G is temp. Red would make sense...

Anyway, all moot if Nate doesn't have a spare harness. What say you nate?

EDIT: OF COURSE..... there needs to be two +12v lines- one switched and one not switched (to keep clock time).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.