Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I know there has been a few topics on this question BUT I'm still not sure what I should do or where to start. I have somewhat of an idea but I just wanted some input from you guys.

I recently bought a 2002 SV650S. First thing I did was get a tune up. This included valve adjustment and spark plugs. Looking at the reciept that looks like that was about it. It was running good. It had a slight bog, I adjusted the throttle cable as I read on this forum that a loose throttle cable can cause this. Right on the money and went away.

R/R went out after 2 months of riding so i decided to paint the bike, install flush mount blinkers and redo the wiring that was butchered while I waited for a new one. Anyways the bike sat for about a month and a half with the tank and fairings off. Put everything back together about a week ago and now it bogs mostly in 2nd and 3rd gear aroun 5-7k rpms. This happens more with the blinkers on as well.

I was wondering if the bogging could be caused from a wiring issue? Maybe the new blinkers? Or should I go straight into cleaning the carbs?

Any input would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, reading more into these forums I was wondering if re-jetting would fix this as well. I have yoshi exhaust that was chopped by the po. i don't know if it was re-jetted or not.

·
Registered
9,123 Posts
Try adding some choke when the motor bogs and see if that helps. This test would help in determining if the problem is with the carbs, fueling system or electrical. If the motor bogging lessens with the choke, a fueling issue may be present.

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
This happens more with the blinkers on as well.
If that indeed is what happens, it points to a possible charging problem. Perhaps the new RR is not charging properly? Have you checked the voltage while running? I installed a volt meter where I can monitor it during the ride to avoid questions like this.

If it is just a carb problem the blinkers running shouldn't change things. But a weak spark would get weaker with the additional draw of the lights running. Best to check.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts