Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen a few things about this company Zero-Motorcycles
http://www.zeromotorcycles.com/

Has anyone had a demo side with one of these?

It seems to me that about $12k is reasonable and the performance of a comparable 250cc is enough to commute to work on.

They even seem to have created a racing class ttxgp eSupperStock I believe or something like that

·
Registered
920 Posts
for that tag it should atleast perform at a 500cc level,,,250cc can commute to work if you dont have to cross a hi-way to get there. (for long periods of time)

but even so, what are the maintenance parts? does that sucker eat chains and sprockets and the occasional valve adjustment like the good ol' sv? that is a huge consideration factor as well.

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
I test rode the biggest/most powerful one in their lineup. At low speeds it performed just like any other motorcycle; easy to ride and handled the little go cart track well. My buddy rode it at higher speeds and didn't like it as much, but I would love one for a city bike!

Also, I think most of them are belt drive, which would give plenty of drive train life. And I'm not sure how many valve adjustments you're gonna need to do on the SV. If anything, you're going to have to buy a new one every 3-10 years as the battery packs die, especially if they get a quick charging system.

Anyone know if you would get state or federal green energy credits for this?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts