Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning to upgrade the front master cylinder with a Brembo RCS 19, and I have read there might be a problem with the stop switch if it is not correctly selected.
There are two different switches available, one for bikes that operate the switch on a closed-circuit basis (circuit is normally closed for brake light off, pulling the lever activates the switch that opens the circuit and lightens the brake light), and one for bikes that operate the switch on an open-circuit basis (the opposite of above: switch closes the circuit - normally open - to activate the brake light).

Does anybody know which kind of circuit do gen. 3 SVs operate?

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Tee, if I finalize the upgrade, I'll be sure to select the correct switch.

Reactions: WKNDS

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In case, will do!

·
Super Moderator
9,423 Posts
If there is any doubt, YouTube University to the rescue. : -)

Open, Closed, Short circuits.

This is basic info, but folks often misuse the term "short circuit" to describe any electrical malfunction when, in reality, "open circuit" due to a faulty, broken, or burnt connection is most common.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
For me, short circuit means sparks, flames and smoke.
In the absence of above, it can't be a short circuit.

·
Registered
'07 SV650S, '05 Ninja 250
1,088 Posts
For me, short circuit means sparks, flames and smoke.
In the absence of above, it can't be a short circuit.
Same here.
My abilities when it comes to diagnosis: air? Check. Fuel? Check. Spark? Well, I sacrificed an ox, performed a ritual dance, left the bike out under a full blood moon, and still no spark. Better order a CDI box and see if that fixes it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts