Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so let me know if this has ever happened to you or you have ever heard of this happening. I have a 2007 sv650s and i was on a ride yesterday when all the sudden my exhaust can fell off. It is cut where you would attach an aftermarket exhaust but the previous owner put back on the stock can before selling it. So i then had to ride my bike 25 minutes home straight piped and had a buddy pick up the pipe later when it cooled down from the side of the road. The part that broke was my rear hanger from my passenger pegs. The bolt just randomly broke and i know it was tight becasue i just checked it last week. So now i have a dented and scratched stock can that still weighs a butt load. Any suggestions as to what to do if you were in my situation right now? i love loud loud loud but straight pipe is a little much for everyday of riding like i do

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Just paint it afterwards. Fancy tools? I did mine with a pipe band-clamp and a hacksaw (after trying to cut it with a cutting wheel on my Dremel tool), a drill, and stainless steel pop rivets. I see nothing fancy in that list.

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
Once, my buddy was doing a burnout in a gas station parking lot on his ex500 before we went riding. (we all just look the other way and pretend we don't know him when he does **** like this.)
He accidently let go of the front brake *snicker* and dumped it. Went riding for about a 70 mile ride, and on the way home, about half a mile away, one of his cans fell off in the middle of an intersection. Guess the drop busted it loose, and the vibrations on the ride finished the job. It was worth a good laugh.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I had the whole front head pipe fall off while riding on my HD once. I just picked it up with my leatherman and fit it back on the bike and tightened the clamp that holds it on back up. Good as new.

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
I had the whole front head pipe fall off while riding on my HD once. I just picked it up with my leatherman and fit it back on the bike and tightened the clamp that holds it on back up. Good as new.
Gee, something fell off a Harley? ;D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts