Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday about 2 hours into my ride I started smelling burnt oil... not good.

My ride was on slab with 90 MPH cruising with the occasional toll booth.

But when I would roll to 100 is when I started smelling that oil. I looked for leaks and found none. I checked the oil level this morning and she was about 1/16QT. low. I am running Syntec and followed break in as recommended. This just threw me and not sure what to think.

·
Registered
142 Posts
how in the world can you measure 1/16qt low on a scale requiring a constant bike angle through that window? Easy solution = don't go 100.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I measured by how much I had to put in it (very easy especially when my GF holds the bike).

·
Registered
109 Posts
Most engines will use some oil at high revs. Engines that are built to rev real high are built to not use oil as much as other engines. Ninja 250's are known to use oil when ran at high rpm's for long times. I'd guess that the SV will use oil at high rpm levels over extended periods.

·
Registered
39 Posts
hmmmm....

I'm a former R6 rider...so I'm accustomed to riding at higher RPM's and I tend to ride my SV in that manner...

Lately I've been running low on oil about every time I check my sightglass. But to no avail have not found any leaks yet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts