Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

Eddie's Star Wars stuff and stuff

45K views 526 replies 25 participants last post by  "A" 
#1 ·
#17 ·
Re: This Site has become Lame...

Well, no. I just figure given how terrible JJ Abrams' vision was for Star TREK that there isn't a whole lot of hope that he will have a better one for Star WARS.

Even if Star WARS was what he tried to turn Star TREK into.

At any rate, I have little desire to see it at this point.

#19 ·

^ What could J.J. Abrams do to Star Wars that Jar Jar Binks hasn't already done?
It's probably too frightening to contemplate.

Realistically, everything after The Empire Strikes Back has been about selling toys and video games.

Having actually watched the trailer for this instalment, I can say that having Harrison Ford in it holds promise. But, then, I thought the same thing about Leonard Nimoy for Trek. And, in the end, Leonard Nimoy was the only enjoyable part of it.

Here is the real question. If this is to be a 3rd trilogy, how long before time travel is involved.

EVERYTHING Abrams does that is sci-fi gets a dose of time travel sooner or later.

#21 ·

Eh he can't do worse then Lucas did. Let's be honest, Episodes 1-3 set the bar pretty low.
That much is true.

He did good with Star Trek. Again, his were not be far the worst ones. More towards the better end in my opinion.
I would rather watch 1,3,5,7 & 10 back to back than be forced to watch any of them again.

The first one was essentially him thumbing his nose at the franchise and not so subtlety acknowledging that (by his own admission) he was not a Star Trek fan and that Star Wars was actually the franchise he wanted in on.

Let's be honest, the entire story was right out of Star Wars. From young Annikan Kirk pod racing his Corvette through the corn fields to the evil Romulan Emperor running the entire thing from the comfort of his swivel chair.

And, the second one? Seriously? After spending six months swearing that he wasn't going to remake Kahn, that's exactly what he did. And, it was beyond awful.

I honestly can't think of any of the originals that was worse than his second film. Including 5. Which is really saying something.

#34 ·

Well, they guy complaining has to be old since he used the "kids today" icon. " :bruce: "*

*The poor old fellows can get forgetful, the dears.

#40 ·