Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
9,123 Posts
I guess that you have to be a fan of shorty cans. Personally, I don't care for them on any bike. Other than that, it's nice that you are keeping the overall oem look. Too many in my view try to turn the SV into another brand. I'm partial to 1gens anyway.

·
Registered
336 Posts
You do realize that coloring the headlight reflector black acts to absorb all the light instead of throwing it on the road, right?

Glad you were sensible enough to never use it again but please don't sell/gift it to anyone.. it would be flat out dangerous to use

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You do realize that coloring the headlight reflector black acts to absorb all the light instead of throwing it on the road, right?

Glad you were sensible enough to never use it again but please don't sell/gift it to anyone.. it would be flat out dangerous to use
It's a projector setup so the reflector is not actually used any longer. All light is focused through and amplified by the projector only.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The projector protruded to the point of almost touching the lens of the headlight, there's no way it used the reflector for amplification. The glass dome was so far away from the reflector there's no way it could have pushed light back beyond 45-60 degrees or so. I actually tested the projector with the reflector (blacked out) and with no reflector, just simply holding the projector to a wall and it made no difference.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Ah, so it's just a small projector stuck inside of the original headlamp housing. The projector itself must have a separate reflector then.
Sorry about the heat, just didn't want some newbie painting their non-projector headlamp reflector black haha

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ah, so it's just a small projector stuck inside of the original headlamp housing. The projector itself must have a separate reflector then.
Sorry about the heat, just didn't want some newbie painting their non-projector headlamp reflector black haha
You're fine I understand. Yeah it's a retro fit setup.

·
Premium Member
5,615 Posts
meanstrk keeps a thread going on another forum where he posts his paint work, and when I saw your parts I bugged him for the build thread. :) Looking good!

·
Premium Member
5,615 Posts
Thanks! Out of curiosity what forum is that?
Maximum-Suzuki - I know him there from my days as a Katana owner. He's active there as a mod.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Maybe I missed it, but where did you get the hugger from? Look like it fits nice.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I got it from airtech-streamlining and had it painted by Ron at Trading-Paint.com or meanstrk as he goes by on the boards.

http://www.airtech-streamlining.com/suzuz/SV6501999-02.htm

Everything is custom made and customer molded, it takes about 3 weeks as they make it to order, but it was a high quality part!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts