Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am in the process of rounding up parts for a front end swap and I am going to be using R1 calipers on a GSXR front end and I need 320mm rotors. I keep coming across these rotors on ebay for a reasonable price but I was wondering if anyone can attest to their quality. I don't want to order them just to be disappointed. Any input is appreciated!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Front-Brake-Disc-Rotor-Rotors-GSXR-GSX-R-1300-Hayabusa_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a1171Q7c66Q3a2Q7c65Q3a12Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318Q7c301Q3a1Q7c293Q3a1Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem200323078003QQitemZ200323078003QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
I would message the seller and ask for a brand, then try to find some kind of review on it, it's hard to know how good it is without knowing who makes it....thats the only way I know to be sure about em.

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
rotors are damaged too easy, wouldn't hang my life on a used rotor

·
Premium Member
3,056 Posts
rotors are damaged too easy, wouldn't hang my life on a used rotor
Randy, those are NOT used rotors...just cheap Chinese knockoffs.
I also would love to know though what steel is used, etc. On the surface they do look nice, especially for the price.

·
Registered
437 Posts
So I am in the process of rounding up parts for a front end swap and I am going to be using R1 calipers on a GSXR front end and I need 320mm rotors.
What year GSXR front end and what year R1 calipers require 320mm rotors?

I just checked this evening when I bolted up a set of R1 calipers w/310mm rotors on K6 750 forks, and they're too big w/o the 5mm spacers available from Honda or Doug Z. I've got a set of 300mm rotors that I'll bolt up tomorrow on that bike (cuz I'm more into weight savings) , I'll use the spacers and 310's on one of the others.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
They're most likely sh!t!

I bought a set for my vintage CB650SC from an ebaY seller just like the one you listed...maybe even the same, not sure. The OEM application is non-drilled rotors and a set of new OEM's would cost $450 for the front set! I paid about the same for a new set of drilled rotors as what your auction runs. I got them in reasonable time and got them mounted up right away. Within DAYS of using them, the steel rusted. I don't think you could buy cheaper quality sh!t anywhere. The rust would burnish off where the pad wear was but once it sat overnite, it would rust over again and it wasn't just a surface oxidation, these pieces of sh!t would pit within days.

I pulled them off after about 2 weeks and put my OEM's back on as they were still good, I just wanted drilled discs more than anything. I sold them off to guy that was putting together a basket-case nighthawk after warning him about my experience. He wasn't concerned so good riddance to that cheap garbage!

Save your money and buy the quality EBC's or Galfer's or....any known reputable manufacturer. The ebaY versions were actually from Italy.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What year GSXR front end and what year R1 calipers require 320mm rotors?

I just checked this evening when I bolted up a set of R1 calipers w/310mm rotors on K6 750 forks, and they're too big w/o the 5mm spacers available from Honda or Doug Z. I've got a set of 300mm rotors that I'll bolt up tomorrow on that bike (cuz I'm more into weight savings) , I'll use the spacers and 310's on one of the others.
05 front end 05 r1 calipers, I do need spacers though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts