Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like every other person, I've noticed the hundreds (thousands?) of great deals on eBay. Me being bored I couldn't help but get curious about some of these products, for ex. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Suzuki-DL-SV-650-650S-VStrom-V-Strom-CARBON-LEVERS-/370525101122?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5645045c42#ht_769wt_1167 Also, the clear alternatives eBay rip offs, which from what I've heard are maybe better than real thing? And the levers above, the seller seems creditable, but is the product?:eek: So post up any type of eBay, craigslist, or amazon link with these so called great deals or huge rip offs, lets see the best and worst. :magpie:

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmmm, I've never heard of that site, I am pretty much dummed down to motosport & motorcycle-superstore. + eBay...

·
Premium Member
3,229 Posts
My coworker got a set of pazzo knockoffs for his zx6r from an ebay seller(made in china) that are IDENTICAL to my actual pazzos in build, color and feel. I would have bought the knockoffs as well had I not gotten my set of real deals for 25$ from a local salvage yard.

·
Premium Member
3,229 Posts
Holy crapoly! those are so close in looks it's fargin scary! I doubt they use Lorica or good quality zippers though. I love my Vertigos and will stick to the real deal on anything that keeps me from bleeding.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I got adjustable levers off ebay and I absolutely love them. Levers themselves are a pretty simple part, so I'm not too worried about buying a knockoff on ebay. I would however, avoid buying knockoff safety equipment.

It's like this, if you wouldn't mind buying the same thing as a flea market, go ahead and get it off ebay. There are certain things where you don't necessarily care that much about the quality and certain things where you do.

·
Registered
111 Posts
haven't there been some claims that those made in china levers can break under hard braking? I like to support legit made in America businesses whenever possible and don't mind paying extra for quality, but money's tight and sometimes a copycat/ripoff product can be pretty tempting.

·
Registered
356 Posts
The pictured levers are cheap chinese levers covered in cheap, fake carbon. BUT, the chinese knock-off pazzo's are great. I have a set for my concours 14. They are great and every bit as good as the pazzo's.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Ive had good luck with all my ebay deals from china. got my levers from the2wheels and they are amazing for $9.99. got my bar end mirrors from Jumbo Depot on ebay they work excellent. plus most cheap items you buy on ebay are the ones that usually break off in tipovers(bar end mirrors, mirrors, levers, turn signals, etc.)

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Ive had good luck with all my ebay deals from china. got my levers from the2wheels and they are amazing for $9.99. got my bar end mirrors from Jumbo Depot on ebay they work excellent. plus most cheap items you buy on ebay are the ones that usually break off in tipovers(bar end mirrors, mirrors, levers, turn signals, etc.)
$9.99 for levers?

·
Registered
996 Posts
First brake lever I bought was $9.99 with $14 shipping. Then the clutch lever was 19.99 with 20$ shipping. All black with red adjusters.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts