Registered
3,655 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Report the bum to ebay.

G

·
Did the same - they insist it's an 03. I pointed out the K2 designation : we'll see.

---------------------------------------
Item: 2003 SUZUKI SV 650S K2 BLUE (4600870404)
This message was sent while the listing was active.
dani6373 is the seller.
oh yes it it !!! it was the last of that shape made,,,, reg 1st mar 2003

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
i got put on my place:

Item: 2003 SUZUKI SV 650S K2 BLUE (4600870404)
This message was sent while the listing was active.
dani6373 is the seller.

listen mate do what you like this bike is a 03 it is on the plate. if your not intrested in bike shut it!!!

G

·
Alrigt everyone - spam this foo. If he had the gall to be rude to the Strange One who was trying to be helpful (and we all know the guy has his facts mixed up), then he deserves to get flamed.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hello!
Just wanted to point out the guy might mean its an '03 because of the reg mark. If he bought it late registered then on the logbook it would state that its a 2003 bike. So to be fair to him he's not lying about it. Not sure how it works in the states? Anyhoo it is still a touch pricey!

G

·
Cookie said:
Hello!
Just wanted to point out the guy might mean its an '03 because of the reg mark. If he bought it late registered then on the logbook it would state that its a 2003 bike. So to be fair to him he's not lying about it. Not sure how it works in the states? Anyhoo it is still a touch pricey!
That seems rather odd. We (USA) label bike as designated model year. Date of 1st, last, in between registrations are just that: date of registration.
Let's say this person were to buy a shop manual for his bike. Would he buy the 2002 manual? Noooo... the 2003.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thats the UK for ya! Its a well strange system over here. Say for instance the bike was bought in feb 2003 it would be registered as a '52 plate which means it was registered in the last half of 2002 but on the logbook it would say its a 2003 bike! If it was registered on the 1st of march like he says then the dealer who sold the bike must have waited for the date because the 1st of march is when the reg marks change so the bike would get an '03 registration instead of '52 because then people who dont know any different would value the bike more.
Confused? I sure am!
Thats also why we have lots of people coming into the shop asking for parts for the wrong model of bike because its registered late, as I said its a strange system!

G

·
Cookie said:
Thats the UK for ya! Its a well strange system over here. Say for instance the bike was bought in feb 2003 it would be registered as a '52 plate which means it was registered in the last half of 2002 but on the logbook it would say its a 2003 bike! If it was registered on the 1st of march like he says then the dealer who sold the bike must have waited for the date because the 1st of march is when the reg marks change so the bike would get an '03 registration instead of '52 because then people who dont know any different would value the bike more.
Confused? I sure am!
Thats also why we have lots of people coming into the shop asking for parts for the wrong model of bike because its registered late, as I said its a strange system!
You poor bastards!
OK. I retract my call to flame the poor slob on ebay. Still, he didn't have to be an ass about it. At least he marked it K2. Hopefully the buyer (at that price?) doesn' t get snookered.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Still, he didn't have to be an ass about it.
Yep i'd agree, manners cost nothing eh! I think perhaps he's trying to defend his high price tag or something.
As for the reg marks, they used to be letters that told you the year of the bike but those letters started in the middle of the year for some reason so it was even more confusing! Why we cant have a simple jan-dec year mark I dont know? Goverments eh!

G

·
Cookie said:
Yep i'd agree, manners cost nothing eh! I think perhaps he's trying to defend his high price tag or something.
As for the reg marks, they used to be letters that told you the year of the bike but those letters started in the middle of the year for some reason so it was even more confusing! Why we cant have a simple jan-dec year mark I dont know? Goverments eh!
I suspect the Freemasons have somethign to do with it. Proximity to Scotland leaves you more vulnerable to their trickery.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts