Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
new sv650s rider and new to svrider forums. I want to get a set of frame sliders for my 2005 sv650s and I was wondering which sliders you would recommend and which are the easiest to install? My bike only has the factory installed half fairing.
thanks

·
Registered
536 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,583 Posts
+1 for motosliders. Nate is a member of this board, and many of us have his sliders. They were so easy to install that I was able to do it - and I am useless.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
AlexJ said:
+1 for motosliders. Nate is a member of this board, and many of us have his sliders. They were so easy to install that I was able to do it - and I am useless.
this is completely true - alex is useless :p

·
Registered
359 Posts
Motoslider!

Only one bolt vs. Two when talking about others....

For the price, you won't find better.

·
Registered
359 Posts
A tip that I have yet to see one here for getting the "viking bolt" out is using your socket wrench: slip over the end a peice of pipe, two to three feet, and use the added leverage to get it to budge. By hand, I never would have been able to. With the pipe, there was nothing to it.

With that said, their really is nothing to installing any frame sliders on the SV. If you have lowers, then you will have to make a small hole, but again not hard.

·
Registered
73 Posts
i ordered motoslider's last week and should expect to see them later today in my USPS mail... quick turn around time if you ask me.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Motosliders.

Used them on both my SV's, sold several sets tol other SV Racers, crashed tested, 5min installation.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I found it easy by hand w/ a normal torque wrench.  Just don't forget the 2nd socket to hold the other bolt...D'OH!

·
Registered
146 Posts
I needed a deep 19mm socket on the left side.

Also, make sure you use a good 6-point socket on the origina nuts. The locktite can be a bear to break, and you could easily strip the nut.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Raspberry said:
I found it easy by hand w/ a normal torque wrench.  Just don't forget the 2nd socket to hold the other bolt...D'OH!
LOL me too.

I love nate's sliders. The only problem I had was getting the factory's engine bolt loose. Eat your wheaties before you undertake this, because it took me a TON of pushing and pulling to get those things loose! It's worth it though!

·
Registered
238 Posts
I should be getting my motosliders today as well. The day after I ordered them they were in the mail.

·
Registered
114 Posts
godzilla128 said:
LOL me too.

I love nate's sliders. The only problem I had was getting the factory's engine bolt loose. Eat your wheaties before you undertake this, because it took me a TON of pushing and pulling to get those things loose! It's worth it though!
Very true. Motosliders are great but breaking that factory bolt is a bear. I bought the correct deep sockets (17mm and 19mm are needed) and still had to rent an electric impact wrench. If you have the right tools (impact wrench or long pipe for the end of socket wrench) it's a breeze. Thanks, Mike.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just used my air tools and it came out with a few squirts of the trigger.
Used a large torque wrench to put it back on to spec.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Ok so I'm lost excuse me for thread jacking but what's the difference between the frame sliders and the swingarm sliders. what exactly do they both do. sorry for the newb question but that's just me still a newb.

·
Premium Member
6,627 Posts
avc8130 said:
They are very easy to install....just be aware of the fact that Suzuki has vikings put the factory bolt in and it can be very fun to get it out. 
that's funny because i didn't think the bolt was that tight, or maybe i'm a viking ;D, motosliders are the recommended slider of svrider 8)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts