Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on purchasing one ofthese and was wondering if anyone had tried it. I love the look of the bellypan right on the top of SVR (look up) and was just going to cut it to look similar to that one. I'm more worried about mounting points than anything. It says it's predrilled, but I think I'm going to have to fashion a bracket as well.

Experience, anyone?

If no one has any with this piece, that's cool. Anyone know anything about the one on top of SVR? This one's just so cheap and I'm sure the one on top is crazy expensive. That bike makes me want to go white. I think i'm gonna....

I should also mention that my bike is an '01 S version

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
guess i'll have to do some fab work. thanks for the info on nudist's old ride. I looked up the JMV one and it's just out of my price-range. Any tips or ideas for bracketing? Someone has to have done this before! It's too tempting of a price to think other wise....

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm really tempted by this too. I don't really care how it looks as long as it works. I've even considered learning to lay my own fiberglass so I can crank out my own bodywork. But I'm hoping to not crash enough for that to be practical.

:repost:

The picture doesn't show any holes but who knows. I wonder how far I can get learning to make my own stuff for $100 . . . edit: Did some searching, looks like "not far". For it to be cost effective you have to order quite a bit, and know what you need to order. Plus, buying foam to make molds, safety equpipment, etc. . . sounds like more trouble than it's worth unless you're planning on making a business out of it.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm really tempted by this too. I don't really care how it looks as long as it works. I've even considered learning to lay my own fiberglass so I can crank out my own bodywork. But I'm hoping to not crash enough for that to be practical.

:repost:

The picture doesn't show any holes but who knows. I wonder how far I can get learning to make my own stuff for $100 . . . edit: Did some searching, looks like "not far". For it to be cost effective you have to order quite a bit, and know what you need to order. Plus, buying foam to make molds, safety equpipment, etc. . . sounds like more trouble than it's worth unless you're planning on making a business out of it.
yea definitely not!! I asked the guy and he said what dackler said. so you would have to fab brackets but it would be a $5 trip to Ace Hardware. More sweat and blood equity than money. I'm going to do it. It's my next mod.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Just to let you know there is a knockoff of the JMV pan on ebay sometimes(none right now) that goes for about $90 shipped to your door. It is from the ebay seller moto_tuning_parts and they come from ever seas. The finish quality isnt fantastic but they look good enough if you take a little time before painting them. Here is one on my first gen

Also here is a thread I started when I got mine
http://www.svrider.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54119&highlight=ebay

1 - 9 of 9 Posts