Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a couple of posts about dying speedos, but wanted to shoot it out before replacing things and taking parts off my bike.

My dash and headlight have been acting weird lately. Here are the symptoms...

-sometimes upon start up, the tack light blinks a couple of times, then comes on
-sometimes, all the dash lights dim then come back up to normal
-both gauges die, then come back on
-my headlight fades slightly
-latest thing today was my blinker was flashing erratically and my tac light was fading when it was flashing faster than normal.

It seems like a short somewhere, but I'm not sure where to look. Any tips, hints, suggestions from the gurus?

·
Super Moderator
9,149 Posts
Check the ground connection to the battery. Sounds like you have a bad connection somewhere. With so many components acting flaky at once it's likely due to one common problem.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I bought a CBR1000 RR that came in a couple of days ago. I'll swap it out and see. Also check my connection for my ground while I'm at it.

The rr I got was packed in victoria secrets pages. lol that was probably the slowest I had ever opened a package off ebay. haha

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so it's not the RR...still did it on the way to the lake....oh well....as long as I still have power. Guess I will recheck my grounds and put some dielectric grease to make sure there are tight connections. I dunno...I'm sure I'll find it.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I rode her last night with the gauges acting funny. My speedo and tack needles dropping to zero but the lights stayed on. Hmmm...interesting.

Looks like I get to take her apart and fiddle with every single electrical connection. hurray...I get to look under her skirt. :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I rode her last night with the gauges acting funny. My speedo and tack needles dropping to zero but the lights stayed on. Hmmm...interesting.

Looks like I get to take her apart and fiddle with every single electrical connection. hurray...I get to look under her skirt. :)

MMMM kay...so it let me post it twice? interesting....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts