Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw an add for this DVD on TV while up north last week:

The maker of this independent film is Dana Brown, Bruce Brown's son.  The film done in much of the same style as "On Any Sunday"; however, given the content of the movie, it is much more intense. 

The film covers many aspects of the Baja 1000, mostly concentrating on the motorcycles, trucks, and buggies.  There are mentions of the other classes, but they take a backseat to the higher performance vehicles.

The camera angles and scenic shots will impress you as the motorcycles work their way through tight single track terrain and flat out beach jaunts.  The trucks and buggies are no slouches either.

The special features are good, but seemed a bit lacking when compared to the special features on my "On Any Sunday" DVD (gotta love the Steve McQueen tribute!). 

That's about all I'll say, I loved the documentary.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Great flick. I had the DVD preordered before it was released. My only gripe with the movie is that the editor seems to have ADD, It seemed like most of the shots lasted only a few seconds. One of these years I'm going to drive the bug down to Baja.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am amazed to see D2G here. I am dirt bike guy as well so I own it and watch it at least once a month if not once a week. Being here in Iraq it is one of the best things to have as it reminds me so well of what I love to do. Faster is also on that list so no worries that I am to dirt biased.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts