Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,740 Posts
some of them arent as old. some go back 5 years, some dont. I found one in the pile made in 02. I'm not sure however if the 10% off sale next week includes those tires. Thats a clearance price. I have to look over the stuff Monday. oh well here is the link.....

www.cyclegear.com

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They said they will take off the 10% for me. I guess if they have been stored indoors they can't be that bad, especially when I mostly commute on a highway to work. I have 6000 so far on the 208 with no end in sight, hope these 207's will hold up for as long.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Cancer said:
They said they will take off the 10% for me.  I guess if they have been stored indoors they can't be that bad, especially when I mostly commute on a highway to work.  I have 6000 so far on the 208 with no end in sight, hope these 207's will hold up for as long.
wow i roasted two 208 rears to the cords in 3500-4000 miles per tire. no burnouts, zero. all 'pace' style sport street riding.

D220s last about 6-7k rear and almost 9k miles on a front. the center wears out on the rear and on the front both sides are totally slick on the sides and lots left in the center.

·
Registered
935 Posts
ha ha Ive got about 11K on my front 220 with about 3-4k more to go before shes bald, ive been Through about 1.75 rears. Wierd. Maybe my front is bionic or something. Either way these tires suck. :p

·
Registered
301 Posts
That Guy said:
ha ha Ive got about 11K on my front 220 with about 3-4k more to go before shes bald, ive been Through about 1.75 rears.  Wierd.  Maybe my front is bionic or something.  Either way these tires suck. :p
I on the other hand am easy to please. In fact I've never met a modern sportbike tire from a major manufacturer (Bridgestone, Pirelli, Dunlop, Michelin, even the stock Metzler MEZ4's) that I didn't like. While I thought my first 207's were a great improvemet from the MEZ4, I think it was just that fresh round profile feeling you get eveytime you get new rubber.

Your cursing a tire that you can sport ride for 11k+ miles. I don't understand. I think that its great a 220 can provide the performance that it does for street riding. I didn't like replacing 207/208's every 1-1.5 months in peak riding season that got expensive. I've certainly not slowed down when the first 220 was fitted.

And don't think its lack of experience, I've ridden tons of bikes and done lots of demo rides at AMA Vintage weekend in Ohio. Like 8 or 9 new knockout rockets per day each year.

Sorry to ramble on, waiting for the primer to dry out in the garage on the exhaust hanger I just cut for my Triumph Speed 4.

·
Registered
935 Posts
My problem with the 220's is they signifantly loose grip when they start to loose heat. They are a sport toruing tire, not a sport tire. I ride sport and sport touring and Id rather replace a rear 3 times a year, than replace one that I dont feel comfortable on.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts