Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't help but post this....

This auction posted by NewEnough for the teknic stinger jacket just ended for $144 + 10 shipping. It even states clearly that there is a defect in the jacket.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0295133193&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT&viewitem=

Why would you pay that when they are selling the same jacket, without defect, on the retail site for $99 + shipping
http://newenough.com/closeouts/text...teknic/stinger_textile_motorcycle_jacket.html

Just goes to show that ebay is not always the best place to find a deal...... and also that there are plenty of folks out there with more money than brains.

·
Registered
896 Posts
lol, i always shop around first. ive found that ebay is most times not the cheapest when it comes to new items

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
I know a few people who pay way too much on almost everything. I think I could make a living off the profit alone if I simply re-sell to them the deals I find by shopping around the intraweb......Oh wait, it's called Ebay! ;)

·
Registered
683 Posts
Don't laugh. My wife's invoices for ebaying last month totalled over $3k.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I think some people get carried away by the bidding process and forget about the price. I ALWAYS wait till the last 45 seconds to bid....stole a few items that way.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I'm into duck hunting and I watched a dozen decoys that sell new at the store for $25.00 go for around $90.00. I think most People don't do there research

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
I said the same thing yesterday. I was looking at a vidoe player that sells for $99 new from the manufacturer and it was going for over $125 on the bay. I think people get wrapped up in the bidding fever.

·
Premium Member
2,695 Posts
I shouldn't give away any secrets here. But I sell a lot of stuff on ebay, and I always set the opening bid at something really small, like $1 or $5 - whatever, and no reserve. At least those are the auctions where I've sold for the highest price.

I figure, that once someone bids on something thinking I'd pay $5 for that they start thinking about how nice it would be to own that item and then they get attached to the idea of owning that item and before you know it, they don't want to get out bid.

dp

·
Registered
394 Posts
I shouldn't give away any secrets here. But I sell a lot of stuff on ebay, and I always set the opening bid at something really small, like $1 or $5 - whatever, and no reserve. At least those are the auctions where I've sold for the highest price.

I figure, that once someone bids on something thinking I'd pay $5 for that they start thinking about how nice it would be to own that item and then they get attached to the idea of owning that item and before you know it, they don't want to get out bid.

dp
+1

1 - 18 of 18 Posts