Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the mirrors for a Ducati Monster +2002 will fit on the SV?

I am tired of the Mickey Mouse ears and I want to see better and be a little more stylish.....

Thanks,

·
Registered
745 Posts
Yes he will, I'll be showin mine off at the rally. :wink:

They are really good quality. Almost worth the price tag. Plus, the silver anodized is a perfect match for our frame.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I have obtained a set of Ducati Monster S2R mirrors and they look bitchin' on the bike.  I put out a request on the monster.org website and sealed the deal the same day.

Things to be wary of;

1. The right hand mirror is reverse threaded. If you buy from a Ducati owner BE SURE to obtain the locking hex nuts for both mirrors.  You CANNOT go down to the local hardware store and get a left hand thread, fine pitch 10 mm hex nut.  Even 3 different Ducati dealers verified that the only way to get a new set of lock nuts is to order the mirrors from Ducati. 

2.  The new mirrors will give you better hindsight but you should know that the mirrors stick out beyond the barends.  I would imagine that wider bars would alleviate this problem.  I am experimenting with a set of Bikemaster Superbike bars.  Will keep you posted.

3.  You will need the front brake u-bolt for a 2005 Monster S2R.  This part has the mirror stalk base and can be ordered from any Ducati dealer for about 15 bucks.  It comes with 2 new allen head bolts and it is black.  I have the part number at home.  I will try to post it up here later if I remember.  PM me if you need it sooner.

Will post up pics when I have the project completed....

·
Registered
198 Posts
Zedex7R said:
1. The right hand mirror is reverse threaded. If you buy from a Ducati owner BE SURE to obtain the locking hex nuts for both mirrors.  You CANNOT go down to the local hardware store and get a left hand thread, fine pitch 10 mm hex nut.  Even 3 different Ducati dealers verified that the only way to get a new set of lock nuts is to order the mirrors from Ducati. 
+1, glad you caught this, beat me to the post. ;)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, they are on the bike.  Pretty easy modification.  The only real interesting part was re-adjusting the brake lever to a position that better suited my hand.

Can't decide what I think of the look....the mirrors are taller and wider than the stock set-up but they have a sort of "bug antenna" look to them.

I dunno...maybe better when I install the Monster S2R fairing or similar windscreen.   My handlebars should be on by next week.  They are lower, so that might help too.

When I get home tonight, I will post the pics and you can give me your opinions, as I tend to over analyze things....

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, let the opinions fly....

The last picture is just a cool pic of my carbon fiber bits for the bike.  Please excuse the mud on the pipe as it was muddy at Mid-Ohio during the races....

·
Registered
35 Posts
i think they look great - but considerably better on my blue 04 ;D
i got mine for 20 bux too so i was a happy camper.

i found that gettng a black or smoked screen over the headlight makes the mirrors fit in better as well [i chose to retrofit the 05 fairing] i would highly suggest something of the sort for your bike.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts