Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I only have a few hundred miles on my SV now but the sound (or lack thereof) is already getting to me. I'm coming off a '79 Honda CX500 which is a V-Twin that had Harley pipes fitted to it...has a great sound to it. Like many I get weak in the knees when a Duc rolls by...and those special SV's with a great can on it. I've heard a few bikes coming through the canyons and could have sworn they were Ducs until I saw that SV round the corner.

That being said, I'm wondering what my best option is for trying to get that V-twin rumble out. I've done some You Tube searches and the Leo Vince and Two Bros both sound like they are on par...but its hard to judge based on an internet video.

I'd prefer to go with a slip-on rather than a full system. If I went full system I'd want to get something where I didn't have to play with fuel mapping.

Power gains are less of a concern and I'm more concerned with the sound of the bike. Any help/advice is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
The deepest, best sounding (not IMO, it's true! :nana:) exhaust out there for an SV is the Scorpion Street Extreme.

I have a friend with an M4 high-mount on his '06 S. While it sounds good, the Street Extreme is a smidge louder and a smigde lower. Kinda makes the M4 sound like a lawn mower... My second choice would be a Leo Vince.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Ball it up with a Yoshi Full- System. Or a slip on- they both sound the same.

Yosh/Suzuki go together like peas and a pod....

and i know that sounded really corny too.

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
Ball it up with a Yoshi Full- System. Or a slip on- they both sound the same.

Yosh/Suzuki go together like peas and a pod....

and i know that sounded really corny too.
But it's true! I have the stainless Tri-Oval slip-on on my '05. It's awesome. Even some Duc owners have said that it sounds like a Duc going down the road.

·
Premium Member
3,056 Posts
I have been told that my Yosh RS-3 sounds like a cross between a Ducati and a big-bore 4 stroke MX bike...both of which are compliments in my book.

·
Registered
6,316 Posts
As you see,everyone likes what they have :) I have a scorpion SS. 4yrs. old,still looks and sounds great.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Two Brothers. Look great. Sound Great. Got my Titanium for $350 new, Keep your eyes out for a deal on ebay.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Sounds like what you need is the Leo Vince Tri-Oval slip on. I never would have chosen it myself, but the local dealership here ordered me one after I got into a minor crash and my stock exhaust pipe got bent all up by a truck. I was going to get a Yoshimura, but they provided some expertise, and am I ever glad.

I only have a few hundred miles on my SV now but the sound (or lack thereof) is already getting to me. I'm coming off a '79 Honda CX500 which is a V-Twin that had Harley pipes fitted to it...has a great sound to it. Like many I get weak in the knees when a Duc rolls by...and those special SV's with a great can on it. I've heard a few bikes coming through the canyons and could have sworn they were Ducs until I saw that SV round the corner.

That being said, I'm wondering what my best option is for trying to get that V-twin rumble out. I've done some You Tube searches and the Leo Vince and Two Bros both sound like they are on par...but its hard to judge based on an internet video.

I'd prefer to go with a slip-on rather than a full system. If I went full system I'd want to get something where I didn't have to play with fuel mapping.

Power gains are less of a concern and I'm more concerned with the sound of the bike. Any help/advice is appreciated.

·
Registered
244 Posts
so i'll throw it out there since it hasn't ben mentioned yet...

i run a D&D full exhaust and it's been cut down to only 8 inches!
i love the way it sounds! i'll get a before and after vid up soon.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks guys. I didn't consider the Scorpion at all so when I get home tonight I'll have to listen to some clips online. Unfortunately there is no way to really get a true sound from a YouTube clip. But from what I have heard so far...Two Bros are at the top. I like the way the M4 sounds...but unless I have missed something I haven't found any that mount normally and I don't want a high mount exhaust.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts