Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figure it's about time I jumped on the bandwagon :p

Purchased my SV brand spankin' new in March of '08 as a leftover '07. I'd ridden quite a bit in my mid-teens, but never could afford a motorbike of my own. As soon as I got the means, I had me a shiny new toy ;D

Hadn't ridden a V-Twin prior to owning the SV. I really didn't know what to expect... As a matter of fact, I figured it would just be a transitional bike to bigger and better things...wasn't expecting to fall in love!

Didn't take time before I started tinkering with it. I'm the type of person who'll take apart a brand new somethin' just to see how it goes together...I just can't leave well-enough alone! It's a blessing, really (or a curse?)

Shortly after I got the SV the first round of mods came

I enjoyed it like so for a while, but again I couldn't leave it alone. So I took the fairing off for gits 'n shiggles

Rode it around the parking lot a couple times and fell in love with the look/feeling. I soon had the factory fairing, gauge, and all hardware sold. I spent a lot of time researching headlight options... I didn't really care the normal Buell Lightning duals, nor did I particularly like a single round light on 2nd-gen SVs. A quick call to Maviryk later and I had a stacked Buell XB-12R Firebolt headlight setup on the way. Also picked up a Vapor gauge...

Everything was coming along nicely, but, as you guessed, I had to tinker with something. I decided to remake the headlight brackets to suit my application a little better, and to have them (along with a couple other goodies) powdercoated. Turned out awesome!

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It doesn't stop there, oh no. Not even close :nana:

Got her the way I thought she ought to look, so I focused on suspension. Rich suspended my front with Sonic Spring's finest 1.0kg/mm springs (a bit too stiff I found out) and 20w oil. A local club racer hooked me up with a '04 ZX-6R rear shock.

Riding down the highway one night I spotted a rather interesting wall on the building of a local vinyl-wrap company. I just had to stop and loiter...

That was it...for a while. A month ago I thought I'd remake my fender eliminator. Not long into designing it I though "You know, fellow SVers might like something like this...". From concept, to reality:

Since moving to Dallas my twistie-riding has diminished and my super-slabbing has increased dramatically...time for some touring-oriented mods. Buell 1" lower footpegs, thick, cushy grips, Spencer-modded seat, Tech Spec tank grips and some Nelson Rigg saddlebags were the first to come. Also switched to a ZX-14 rear shock...

A couple days ago I decided to try my hand a making a custom windscreen. I made a new gauge mount out of aluminum and a project box from Radioshack. Lowe's supplied the trashcan for my prototype.

My fender eliminators sold (are selling) rather well...better than expected. They sold so well, in fact, that I had to give out the one I was going to use for myself (not that I'm complaining :p) This left me without turn signals, so I had to come up with a solution. mode some straight brackets that mount behind the passenger pegs. Turned out quite well! I rather like the look...

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's all the pics I have for now, but more mods are on the way!

En route I have:
* 3.5" Swatt clip ons in black
* Galfer S.S. front brake lines in black
* Galfer HH Sintered front brake pads

This is a list of ever mod I've done so far:

* Buell XB-12R Firebolt projectors with custom brackets
* Trail Tech Vapor gauge
* Scorpion Street Extreme carbon/stainless slip on
* R6 throttle tube
* Michelin Pilot Road 2 rear tire and Pilot Power 2ct front tire
* Sonic Springs front fork springs and oil
* ZX-14 rear shock
* GreatDayToRide.com seat
* Fused distribution block with two 12-volt accessory outlets (and room for expansion)
* Vortex frame sliders and Steel Horse swingarm spools
* Rally grips
* Motrax bar end mirrors
* Custom fender eliminator with Motrax Mini Arrow black/amber signals front and back
* Rally grips
* Tech Spec snake skin tank pads
* Buell 1" lower footpegs
* Rear seat cowl
* Black levers
* Throttle boss

1 - 4 of 4 Posts