Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Heal well bud. I snapped my right femur in a bike accident too, back in 06. Make sure they watch really well for blood clots..I had some a couple weeks after I got home from a week stay at the hospital in Danville, VA, and they almost killed me from clogging up in my lungs.

Not trying to scare you at all...just making sure you are aware of some stuff the sub par medical care in that **** hospital failed to tell me.

If you need a walker..I still have one...just let me know and I'll send it out. I already shipped my crutches out last year to someone.

Time line to look forward to:

3 months or so to walking without walker or crutches...but with cane.

6 months till walking on own, with limp, even though you will think its gone.

9-12 month till limp is really gone.

year plus to run again, and not look like forest gump with the knee braces on. :D

Do the PT..its sucks, but its what is needed to get back to "normal"

Good luck and if you need anything, feel free to PM.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Heal up Dub. I'm looking forward to some Morphine-colored polls in the open forum the next time you're up at 3:45. ;)

·
Registered
667 Posts
Glad your mostly ok, hope your surgery went well.

+1 on the PT, It sucks sometimes, but really helps. See if you can check out a few place first, or get recommendations from local people. Where I went the PT that I had most of the time was great (& hot), but sometimes I had a different one that pushed too far, and I was in pain for days afterward. Also don't cheat when you do your exercises & don't try to do too much weight you will loose a lot of strength being off it so long.

·
Registered
281 Posts
D&mn Dub, hope all goes well for you. Hopefully the surgery will go well and you'll be back on your feet in no time.

·
Banned
2,973 Posts
Wow! that sux. Eat well using a bone healing specific and tissue healing specific diet. Don't skip out on rehab. You'll regret it later if you don't concentrate on rehab after the tissue heals. Be well!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Dang Dub...I was really lookin forward to ridin with ya once I got off restriction. Heal up and like everyone else has said....Don't pass on thee PT!!!! If you need anything, hit me up.
:D

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hey man. Good luck with everything. I have a plate in my right leg from shattering it in a hockey game. This happened about 5 years ago and I can't even tell that I have a plate in my leg anymore. I even ran a marathon a month ago with no issues. DougZ's timeline is about right. I was more like five months until absolutely no assistance. Just do the therapy and don't try to rush into anything. It'll pass and you'll be fine.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.