Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Thanks e lo does it decrease your visibility as a ride or distance of your beam throw? Where could I get one?

·
Registered
500 Posts
Yhea Short Circuit does anyone else see what I am taking about..kinda looks like Johnnie 5 huh?

·
Registered
6,503 Posts
Headlight modulators are legal only in daylight hours. Most come with an electric photocell that you mount somewhere facing up. If the conditions are too dark the modulator won't work.

Of all the bulbs I've tried over the years the Sylvania Xtra Vision is the best. The color and pattern are great. I like them much better than the Silverstars.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Kevin said:
Thanks e lo does it decrease your visibility as a ride or distance of your beam throw? Where could I get one?
As andy said, only good for daylight hours, so they shouldn't affect your ability to see at night. As for getting one ... I dunno. I don't use one. :) Acutally, it looks like Customdynamics.com sells them for about $80, and they do have a photoreceptor to automatially de-modulate after dark. I can't speak for that particular product, but I did buy a charging system monitor from them for my previous bike, and it was a great piece of equipment, so I would expect good things from them. HTH.

·
Registered
6,503 Posts
This is getting off topic, but I don't use my modulator all the time. I use it on the interstate if I'm coming up on someone to pass. About 30 seconds before the pass seems to work well, and avoids agravating other drivers. Around town and in residential neighborhoods I use it. Very effective at corners and stop signs. It can be annoying, so I don't sit behind anyone for any period of time with it running.

·
Registered
17 Posts
andyauger said:
This is getting off topic, but I don't use my modulator all the time.  I use it on the interstate if I'm coming up on someone to pass.  About 30 seconds before the pass seems to work well, and avoids agravating other drivers.  Around town and in residential neighborhoods I use it.  Very effective at corners and stop signs.  It can be annoying, so I don't sit behind anyone for any period of time with it running.
I only use mine when lane splitting on the freeway or in particular situations where I think oncoming drivers making left hand turns may be distracted. And yes, I never leave it running if I'm in a lane following someone. What's the point?

·
Registered
500 Posts
So these modulators are like what you find on European cars and bikes. A Triumph Speed Tripple my buddy had had one of these form the factory. Had a little trigger worked with your left tumb to let people know you are passing? Made the front lights flash back and forth when you enguaged it.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts