Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who makes them? Which are the best? I have heard that the Pilot Powers are DC but haven't found anything on the 'net saying as such.... :?

·
Registered
597 Posts
I called Michelin, and the rep said 'I don't think so'

Logically, if they were dual compound, I think Michelin would advertise that point heavely like they do with their Pilot Race.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Michelin Power Race Tires

The first dual compound performance tire; available in Medium, Medium soft and Soft. Medium features intermediate compound in the center, soft compound on the shoulders; Medium soft features intermediate compound in the center, super soft compound on the shoulders; Soft features soft compound overall. Tire carcass made up of two angled polyester plies and zero degree aramid belt. Semi slick tread pattern maximizes contact patch and increases tread stability. Tread grooves evacuate water from contact patch in damp track conditions. Rounded front profile and sharper rear profile for improved front end feedback under braking; also minimizes need to adjust suspension settings.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
kingnothing said:
Who makes them? Which are the best? I have heard that the Pilot Powers are DC but haven't found anything on the 'net saying as such.... :?
Not Pilot Power, but Micehelin Pilot Race tire are available in several compund combinations.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
I was under the impression that the big thing about the Pilot powers is that were in fact dual compound. :?: :?: :?: :?:

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
Same with the metzler Z6, something about hard in the center softer on the sides to improve highway mileage and still be good in the turns.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Man if you need dual compound tires on the street you are pushing your bike way too hard. I mean the pilot powers seem like overkill. But the powers do seem to be made differently in that the centers wears slowly compared to the sides.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Doug, how about a little back up to your hear say with something from michelin? :|

Someone get me a shovel...

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
gonzo221 said:
Man if you need dual compound tires on the street you are pushing your bike way too hard. I mean the pilot powers seem like overkill. But the powers do seem to be made differently in that the centers wears slowly compared to the sides.

uh no, it's more important to have dual compunds on a sport touring tire for longevity with highway miles and still have resonable stickness on the edges where it's needed more

Personally I like Avon's variable belt density technology, allowing the sides to flex more and get hotter & stickier on the edges with the same compound.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts