Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just dropped my bike tonight so i am gonna need to get some stuff :). anyone have any 05 blue front fairings for sale?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it was the front fairings, like where the windscreen is and also the 2 front side fairings (sorry about nomenclature)...no moto sliders, just got the bike and havnt done any mods yet :/ dont think they would have helped either, i will get pics up later today. and i will be making a list of everything i think i will need :p. i thought it would hurt more than it did, i think i may need to get a new helmet too, i remember feeling it clunk on something.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
then i will be buying them along with the replacement fairings, you guys got any good websites that wont charge an arm and a leg, the pics wont come till this evening b/c i have to go to work now :/...

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
how are those gonna help with a frontal impact lol =D. the RHS fairing has only minor road rash, i was just going around a bend, bad entrance, and laid it down into a rock i think. gotta look at it more after work, that was a quick diagnoses of what happened. it was at 430am (learned that lesson now too) and had to get a ride to be at work an hour later, didnt spend to much time looking at it.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Lol I would not call a frontal impact 'dropping', more of wrecking... I can't see a situation you coudl drop it into the front of the bike.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Lol I would not call a frontal impact 'dropping', more of wrecking... I can't see a situation you coudl drop it into the front of the bike.
endo gone wrong, technically that would be a drop cause the bike wouldn't really be moving if it was right at the end :p Just sayin' ;)

Search ebay and the forum classifieds for replacement fairings, i got a SV1000 upper from a guy on eBay had some minor dammage i had to fix, but saves lots of money compared to replacement

·
Registered
528 Posts
PM me I dropped mine last night but was very lucky in that it did absolutly no damage to anything but some minor scratches on my lowers (see my other post "my first post of shame". But I think its going to motivate me to make the swap to naked. I am going to sell everything that makes it an S. So if you or anyone else wants some pieces shoot me a PM.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i was going around a turn, for 1 reason or another i didnt make it through the turn and there was a dirt embankment to stop my fall, but a rock was in the way right infront of the bike, i gotta look at the forks and everything too, i may be doing an overhaul already. anyone have a front end for sale :p

·
45% Member
7,585 Posts
i was going around a turn, for 1 reason or another i didnt make it through the turn and there was a dirt embankment to stop my fall, but a rock was in the way right infront of the bike, i gotta look at the forks and everything too, i may be doing an overhaul already. anyone have a front end for sale :p
A drop occurs when you are stationary. You were moving. That, my friend, is a crash. Now go forth, and use your hardcore "Crashed my bike" motorcyclist-ness to worm your way into the panties of women with questionable moral fiber. :)

And yes, sliders would have helped. They always help, unless you total the bike or ride off a cliff or something.

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
Even if you had a frontal impact, the bike is most likely going to tip over on the side. The sliders help with that.

And yes, you crashed.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
lol w00t, i crashed :p. and survived! does this make me invincible? wait i already know the answer to that :p. i havnt even seen the bike since this morning when i was rushing to work, as soon as i get to see it and start ripping it apart i will have pictures, from everything of where i did it, to the bike dammage itself.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts