Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the parking lot at my school is shell and stone. put my foot down today and it slid so i dropped the bike. Those with flush mount indicators, what brand do you use? and frame sliders to prevent silly damage, which ones do you use?

I'm just so full of annoying questions....

Tristan

·
Registered
459 Posts
for the frame sliders.. use motosliders

·
Premium Member
4,058 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
for the frame sliders.. use motosliders
End of discussion. Seriously, it's the end. For all else reading this thread, just shut up and buy the damb motosliders already. They've been proven to work on this board time and time again.

Later,
Chrome...

·
Registered
233 Posts
wow im suprised the turn signals broke, mine bend pretty far without breaking!!

sorry that you dropped it though, ive done it twice already on the sv and came out lucky both times. I did the same on my old ninja and didnt fair so wwell.. of course i was moving.. i guess thats called a lowside though haha.

hope it fixes easy

·
Registered
184 Posts
End of discussion. Seriously, it's the end. For all else reading this thread, just shut up and buy the damb motosliders already. They've been proven to work on this board time and time again.

Later,
Chrome...
Yepyep.. I put motosliders on the bike before i rode it home the first time.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I was under the impression that there were sliders for the rear as well. Is that the case or do I only need one set for the motor?

·
Registered
644 Posts

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
I was under the impression that there were sliders for the rear as well. Is that the case or do I only need one set for the motor?
You can get swingarm sliders, but I don't know a lot about them. Would protect your sprocket/rear brake I imagine, but someone else will have to fill in the details.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Motoslider haver, +1 for 'em they rock. Also a good highway peg when you need a stretch and you just dont want to get off. Not that I know from experience...

·
Banned
1,304 Posts
my sv came with sliders. and they were used. bike in good condition though so they did their job. now i should rplace the one side or try and tighten it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Guess you didnt read anything we've said in this thread.
i unfortunately ordered them before I read it, got the money spending fever :D. Also my friend had them on his R6 trackbike. lowsided at 60mph, bike slid down the track with no damage at all to the bike and the frame slider didnt need replacing.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
So your process went like this....

Order the sliders
ask the question
???

So this entire thread was pointless?

Send the Vortex's back and buy motosliders. Quit trying to justify the vortex's just because you own them.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts