Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you guys haven't heard about dropbox before then I encourage you to check it out.

If you have two or more computers (ei. work, home, etc.) this is by far the easiest way to transfer files between them. It acts just like a regular folder on your computer. I use it everyday but could use more space, if you use the link above I would appreciate it!

·
site supporter
6,051 Posts
My employer is extraordinarily vigilant about computer security. (Our files contain confidential and personally identifiable information about our clients and others.) Do you know what dropbox's security status is?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would definitely not use it for files you want to be secure.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
My employer is extraordinarily vigilant about computer security. (Our files contain confidential and personally identifiable information about our clients and others.) Do you know what dropbox's security status is?
My employer will not allow the use of any cloud storage at all, or even thumb drives. If it's not stored on internal system storage, it isn't allowed.

·
BANNED!!!
4,805 Posts
I've used it on occasion. It's good stuff, last I checked didn't they put a quota on the max storage you could use?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You begin with 2GB. But they have a bunch of stuff you can do to get more free storage. I figured if there is somebody on here that hasn't tried it they could help me out in the process. I thank anyone in advance using my referral link!

·
MOTORADOR
10,953 Posts
Dropbox is crap. It can cause lots of security issues, not because the service is faulty but because it is super easy for non computer saavy users to screw up and share confidential files by mistake. So even if YOU are secure and careful, if you share a file with someone who is not, he may end up sharing your files with someone else without even knowing.

It happened in our company before. We would "securely" share files just to found out later that some idiot had re shared all that info with someone else while trying to innocently share his family vacation photos.

No thanks.

Sent from my left shoe using the Motorcycle app

·
MOTORADOR
10,953 Posts
By the way, is it ethic to use a forum like this to "share" a link just for affiliate marketing purposes?

Sent from my left shoe using the Motorcycle app

·
MOTORADOR
10,953 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah I don't work for dropbox or make money from this, I just want more space. I'm a dropbox whore.

·
MOTORADOR
10,953 Posts
Ya' whore!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts