Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Premium Member
14,958 Posts
opinions on using 2 driving lights vs. dual buell headlight assy. i know that i wont have high and low beam. any other pro or cons you guys can think of?
I'm sure it will be fine if you don't like riding at night and if you do you may want to keep your speeds down so you don't out ride the limited light output of them.

If you are thinking of doing this cause you don't have the money for Buells or Dominators, I'd wait till you had the money to do it right so you don't worry about dying.

:)

· Registered
204 Posts
go with the buell lights or even some speed triple ones. i used to run an Acerbis DHH on my SV and it was awful. luckily i lived in AZ so it was well lit. found myself on some outskirt roads at night with the visor up so i could see.
i had an F2 with some Dick Cepek off road driving lights...SUCKED. get a real headlight(s) youll be glad you did

· Registered
29 Posts
i have a dual projector beam setup on mine. I thought about running both at the same time (because I have symmetry issues) and not using the high beam, but you have to look out for the wire sizes. (2) 55W bulbs can overheat the harness and melt your wires. So I run one 55W low and an 85W high and I mounted the highbeam upside down and removed the reflector that provides the sharp cut-off, so it's pretty decent on back roads at night.

· Premium Member
13,325 Posts
driving lights are only intended to suppliment regular headlights, as a primary light source, they are dangerous as their beam pattern is focused too far away, you miss too much stuff up close

· Premium Member
14,958 Posts
this is true lol, im good with fiberglass so i wasnt too worried about the cosmetics of the ieda, im just worried about the amount of light it will produce. just priced the buell lights, they are about 115.00 no brackets
Start saving your pennies and nickles or just keep the OEM headlight. $115 isn't that expensive for a head light assmebly. In fact it's rather cheap.

The SV black housing part of our light is $73.57 and if you crack the glass and need a new chrome accent ring and lamp holder that runs $151. So that's about $225 new for a SV650 head light. Oh yeah with out the brackets too.

Man up dood, motorcycling isn't a cheap hobby.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.