Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've had 2 different sets. Originally I bought the Roaring Toyz version, they worked great. Visibility was as good if not better then stock and they were rock solid (until I crashed :'(). Putting the mirrors to the inside looks much nicer but you get more elbow, so I kept them to the outside.

I bought some cheap knock offs to replace them (due to budget reasons) and the metal is like swiss cheese. They don't stay adjusted very well and I stripped out one of the bolts just putting them on.

·
Super Moderator
9,734 Posts
Your bike looks great DrinkBrew! I like the high mount exhaust.

Seen OJ in the news lately; based on your 2nd photo, looks like they let him out and he is paying you a visit?, lol. ;D

btw, I am due for tires soon. How do you like your Pilot Power 3s?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello,

new to the forum and thought I would introduce myself. I have a 2007 SV650(n). Just picked it up about 3 days ago and love it more than any other bike I have owned.

The question that I have is that when i push my bike (while off), I can hear the front breaks rubbing a little. My friends SV does the same thing. Is this normal??

·
Super Moderator
9,734 Posts
Hello,

new to the forum and thought I would introduce myself. I have a 2007 SV650(n). Just picked it up about 3 days ago and love it more than any other bike I have owned.

The question that I have is that when i push my bike (while off), I can hear the front breaks rubbing a little. My friends SV does the same thing. Is this normal??
Welcome to SVR, krp. Please tell us more about yourself. You sound familiar. ;)

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Nice bike, and tasteful mods ;-)

I have the PP3's btw, pushed them pretty hard and will say that I would buy them again in a heart beat.

·
Registered
663 Posts
No offense this seems like a really pretentious thread. like a kid that didnt get enough attention when he made macaroni art and now hes asking everyone in the room to ask him about it. hahahah cool bike though. that rear wheel is tight or phat or dope or whatever people say today. haha
More like a comment thread for a lot of hard work. No need for insults.
Brew- Very clean, love the high mount.

·
Premium Member
4,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How differently does the bike handle with the GSXR rear wheel? I've seen a couple conversion kits online. Where did you get yours and how much work was it to get it up and running? Thanks.
I changed a few things at the same time so everything made the whole bike different as far a handling. A few people say the 160 tire is more flickable, but with the front end change it still turns in very easy.

I did the rear wheel conversion for a few reasons. I got the wheels as a set and liked the idea of the wheels matching. I had issues finding the tires I wanted in 160's every time I needed them, 180's were always in stock. 180's should last a little longer.

I bought mine from Luis for about $200 before he was banned from here. TWF is still selling them, they have a quick turn around and they have always had good reviews from everyone here. I was able to sell my stock wheel to make up for most of the cost of the kit.

Once you have the parts it bolts up just as easy as the stock wheel, if not a bit easier since the spacers don't fall out as easy as the stock ones.

·
Premium Member
4,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No offense this seems like a really pretentious thread. like a kid that didnt get enough attention when he made macaroni art and now hes asking everyone in the room to ask him about it. hahahah cool bike though. that rear wheel is tight or phat or dope or whatever people say today. haha
Thanks for the bump Mike :thefinger:. I'll try to be more snooty just for you ;)

More like a comment thread for a lot of hard work. No need for insults.
Brew- Very clean, love the high mount.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.