Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
site supporter
6,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I closed it. It seems to be a place where those of us with more typing time than judgment go to irritate each other. We can bring it back, maybe in a few days, but for now.
STOP CULTIVATING CONFLICT
Please be mindful that the ruleS of this site require that members not deliberately be assh*les to each other. If you can't play nicely, play elsewhere. Besides, I thought you all had motorcycles that needed riding, not each other.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Awe come on pops, we'll be good I swear!!!

·
OberKommandant
6,133 Posts
Time for a new one (drama thread). ;)
See, now, that wold be like saying "Fatass. we have no respect for your authority, you can't tell us what to do, we do whatever the f**k we want."

And I suspect that would be unwise.

·
Chief Greeter
28,966 Posts
I closed it. It seems to be a place where those of us with more typing time than judgment go to irritate each other. We can bring it back, maybe in a few days, but for now.
Liutas, FA said in a few days we can bring it back.

There were only a few people that were in an attack mode in that thread. :p

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
I don't understand it?? That was HUGE drama and now we are being told that the drama thread didn't have enough drama in it to allow it to continue?? What gives??

·
site supporter
6,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I still haven't stopped pooping.
How, (what's the word I'm seeking?)

unfortunate for you.

you can't tell us what to do, we do whatever the f**k we want."
That is quite true. You all can do whatever you want. I'd appreciate if you'd want to . . .
ride your motorcycles
cut your lawns
bang your gorgeous wives, girlfriends or cheap skanky strangers you meet in bars (adjust the objects as your gender and/or gender preference requires)
play those video games you kids like so much
read a friggin' book
work overtime
in fact do ANYTHING but create eighth-grade worthy personal problems that the SVRider Moderators then have to deal with.

Thank you

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
Back in the old Guard........

....personnel attacks resulted in bans. Or time outs. Or whatever the mods are calling the temporary suspensions of accounts these days.

There was bunches of SVRiders that were posting in the Drama thread. Some were using it to vent about the bad things that were happening in thier lives. Some were using it to rejoice about the good things that were happening in thier lives. Some of us enjoyed reading it.

So how about, another ban/time-out/get-in-your-corner for the offending parties, maybe for a longer duration. Then edit or delete the suspect posts, and return the Drama thread for all of us to post how we missed the fracking Drama thread.

Or not.

EDIT......Upon further review, it appears that the bannings have resumed. All hail the Mods!!

.....don't ban me. :)

·
site supporter
6,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Personal attacks still do result in bans.
So how about, another ban/time-out/get-in-your-corner for the offending parties, maybe for a longer duration. Then edit or delete the suspect posts, and return the Drama thread for all of us to post how we missed the fracking Drama thread.
The intensity and frequency of infractions in that thread had become so great (perhaps because we Moderators gave you all a little slack on enforcing rules) that every third post had become some kind of attack on somebody. Your sugestion requires a lot of work. I don't feel like being that much of a playground monitor.

I didn't delete the thread. I said we could bring it back in a little while. It's been a great thread, and I look forward to reading it again. But right now it's time to find some other outlet besides SVRider for the kind of passive-aggressive energy that had become so pervasive there.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
And suprisingly enough I never posted in that thread, never even viewed it, who'd a thunk it:eek:

·
Super Moderator
8,820 Posts
And suprisingly enough I never posted in that thread, never even viewed it, who'd a thunk it:eek:

Start here .... http://forum.svrider.com/showthread.php?t=89081

And when you reach page 580, you can come back wiser, sadder and seeking the nearest bottle of <insert favorite drink here> shaking your head wondering why people that ride such wonderful bikes are not riding them.

<gasping for breath>

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Start here .... http://forum.svrider.com/showthread.php?t=89081

And when you reach page 580, you can come back wiser, sadder and seeking the nearest bottle of <insert favorite drink here> shaking your head wondering why people that ride such wonderful bikes are not riding them.

<gasping for breath>
I appreciate the offer, but I just don't have that much non-refundable time to spend on it lol...and I only drink on new years, maybe in a few months if the threads not deleted i'll check it out lol.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
What Verbal said. There were only a few bad apples and closing down threads because they're misbehaving just means they'll go to other threads and get those closed down too. This is not school where punishing everyone for the misbehavior of one or two is really appropriate (not that it really is there either).

I'm not going to lay into the mods by any means but I would suggest that this was an ill-considered response.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
It's kinda funny that the two guys who got the thread shut down were the same two guys that got a thread shut down and banned just last month.......what's even funnier still is both of them where the only two on my "ignore" list. I had to click on "read post" for each of their posts to see what they did to get one of the best SVR threads shut down.....idiots!

1 - 20 of 56 Posts